Charitable Contribution Requests for 2015 3rd Quarter
Charitable Contribution requests for 2015 3rd Quarter are being accepted through May 15!
Please provide us with detailed information about your event. Simply fill out the online contribution application form online. Please submit your proposal by May 15. Applications will be reviewed and decisions on contributions made the first week in April.
As a Nebraska-based company, we believe it's our responsibility to be an active member of the communities in which our customers live and work. Non-profit organizations (certified as tax-exempt by the IRS under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and residing in the state of Nebraska) seeking a charitable contribution or sponsorship must complete and submit an online contribution application. Organizations that have their request approved are eligible to reapply again the following year.
Our committee will review requests on a quarterly basis. The following are deadlines to submit your requests:
- 1st quarter requests must be submitted by December 15, a decision will be made first week in January.
- 2nd quarter requests must be submitted by March 15, a decision will be made first week in April.
- 3rd quarter requests must be submitted by May 15, a decision will be made first week in June.
- 4th quarter requests must be submitted by August 15, a decision will be made first week in September.
All community relations activities must complement our mission, vision and core values, and align with our strategic goals and objectives. With this in mind, we primarily consider supporting:
- Health and wellness programs and events including one’s our employees can participate as individuals or part of a corporate team
- Programs and initiatives that have statewide reach and will give BCBSNE visibility above and beyond the Omaha metropolitan area
- Education at all levels, both public and private
- Causes that support our community and civic relations
- The arts and humanitarian efforts influencing the overall quality of life in our community
- Programs serving or promoting diversity
We generally will not consider requests for or from:
- Alumni Associations
- Athletes and athletic teams (except for advertising at high school, college and professional sporting events)
- Beauty pageants
- Construction projects for hospitals and health systems
- Direct funding of labor or fraternal organizations
- Organizations or causes that do not complement our corporate civic goals
- Organizations that are in direct competition with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska
- Organizations that are not tax-exempt
- Political campaigns, candidates, parties or partisan activities
- Providers or provider organizations
- Programs or events outside of Nebraska
- Sectarian, denominational, or religious organizations for support of theological functions
- Students raising funds for travel to an out-of-state competition
- Capital Campaigns