Behavioral Health Services Coming Soon
Behavioral health services will be available via telehealth as of January 1, 2017. With these services, also known as teletherapy, Amwell’s licensed therapists will be available to provide treatment for the following conditions:
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Trauma/Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Panic attacks
- And more
Therapists will be available on demand or by appointment from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. local time, 7 days per week. To learn more, please contact a member of your Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska sales or account service team.
What is telehealth?
Telehealth is a fast, easy way to see a doctor. It lets Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska members have live visits over computer, tablet or phone with a doctor anytime. It's easy to use, affordable, private and secure.
Who is providing telehealth services?
Our telehealth services are provided through American Well®, also known as Amwell, the industry’s leading telehealth solution – serving more than 100 million people.
What does telehealth include?
Amwell’s secure HIPAA-compliant platform offers BCBSNE members 24/7/365 access to U.S. board-certified physicians.
The full service telehealth program includes:
- The only fully-staffed, on-demand mobile video telehealth service available in the market today
- Patient choice of physician and ability to repeat a positive experience
- Real-time eligibility and claims processing for seamless benefit plan integration
- 24/7/365 live computer, tablet or phone consults with on-demand doctors
- The top ranked app in the medical category in both the Apple App store and Google Play
- Complete record of each encounter maintained and accessible by the patient
- Integrated e-prescribing for fulfillment at local pharmacies*
- Simple payment with credit, debit or HSA/FSA cards at the time of service (BCBSNE members provide their payment information when they register)
Commonly treated conditions
The doctors who practice on Amwell have made more than 1,200 diagnoses. Common ailments include:
- Sinus infection
- Abdominal pain
- Ear infections
- And more
What is the cost?
There is no additional administrative fee charged to our group clients for this service. BCBSNE members can register for free, and the cost per visit is less than the cost of an in-person doctor office visit.
You may use our free toolkit to promote this service to your employees.
Additional information is available here.
If you have any questions, please view these FAQs or contact your insurance agent/broker or a member of your BCBSNE sales or account service team today!
*Telehealth is available in most states, but some states do not allow telehealth consults or telehealth prescriptions. For more information, visit: info.americanwell.com/where-can-i-see-a-doctor-online. American Well is an independent company that provides telehealth services for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska.