Charitable Contribution Requests for 2016 1st Quarter
Applications for 2016 1st Quarter Charitable Contributions are now being accepted!
Four times a year, BCBSNE accepts applications to fund programs and events throughout the state of Nebraska. We are now accepting applications for 2016 1st Quarter Charitable Contributions. Our updated application is located here.
1st Quarter applications will be accepted through December 31, with decisions being made by January 25. As updating our form has shortened the normal timeline and pushed back the announcement date – please keep us informed of needs which may need attention sooner than this decision date.
What’s new with our application:
- We’re requesting information about your board members and their affiliations (which helps us better understand our connections with your organization!)Please include your board members names and affiliations
- We’ve removed the character limits on all questions – so you can provide all of the necessary details
- You’ll now receive a copy of your completed application after submitting!
By continuing to improve our application and process, we’re hoping to learn more about your programs and events, while making it easier for you to complete the funding application. Stay tuned for more changes and improvements in the coming months.
A few important reminders as you apply:
- Include your tax ID number
- Please include your board members names and affiliations
- We recommend including various levels of sponsorships and their benefits
- If a sponsorship level includes ad space, please include the specs and deadlines for artwork
Our committee will review requests on a quarterly basis, with 2nd
quarter deadlines typically in March, May and August. We are currently evaluating how even further-improved grant application software could refine this process, and we will publicize and announce the exact deadline and award dates in the coming two months. If you have not already joined our email notification list for such news, please complete this simple form to stay abreast of all Community Engagement updates.
We are in the process of reviewing giving guidelines. In general, community relations activities must complement our mission, vision and core values, and align with our strategic goals and objectives. With this in mind, 1st Quarter giving considerations will be made to:
- Health and wellness programs and events
- Programs and initiatives that have statewide reach and will give BCBSNE visibility above and beyond the Omaha metropolitan area
- Education at all levels, both public and private
- Causes that support our community and civic relations
- The arts and humanitarian efforts influencing the overall quality of life in our community
- Programs serving or promoting diversity
We generally will not consider requests for or from:
- Alumni Associations
- Athletes and athletic teams (except for advertising at high school, college and professional sporting events)
- Beauty pageants
- Capital Campaigns
- Construction projects for hospitals and health systems
- Direct funding of labor or fraternal organizations
- Current grant recipients twice in the same calendar year
- Organizations or causes that do not complement our corporate civic goals
- Organizations that are in direct competition with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska
- Organizations that are not tax-exempt
- Political campaigns, candidates, parties or partisan activities
- Providers or provider organizations
- Programs or events outside of Nebraska
- Sectarian, denominational, or religious organizations for support of theological functions
- Students raising funds for travel to an out-of-state competition