Primary Blue Medical Home
Primary Blue is Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska’s patient centered medical home program. A patient centered medical home is a medical office or clinic where a team of health care professionals’ work together to provide a new and expanded type of patient cares.
It's primary mission is to:
- To give the patient timely access to a personal primary care physician
- To establish a continuous relationship between the patient and a personal primary care physician
- To have the majority of the patient’s health care needs met in one office
- To have the patient’s care coordinated and monitored in a proactive manner
BCBSNE believes the patient centered medical home can:
- Improve the health of individuals.
- Increase patient satisfaction.
- Reduce hospitalizations and emergency room visits, and decrease overall healthcare costs.
Primary Blue focuses on chronic disease management (diabetes, congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, hypertension, metabolic syndrome and asthma), as well as preventive services (BMI recording, colorectal cancer screening, breast cancer screening, cervical cancer screening, and immunizations).
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is recognizing physicians who are participating in the Primary Blue Patient Centered Medical Home with a BPR indicator.
Please contact a BCBSNE Health Network Consultant to submit application.
Radiology Quality Initiative (RQI)
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska developed the RQI Program, administered by American Imaging Management® (AIM), to promote the most appropriate use of advanced imaging services provided to members. The program aligns with the goals of the Nebraska Health Care Reform Task Force - to promote high quality, affordable health care coverage and utilize best practices and practice guidelines to help reduce unnecessary medical expense.